In this article: An explanation of how real estate agents can benefit from blogging on a frequent and consistent basis over time.
You’ve probably heard about the benefits of real estate blogging, and how it can help you increase your website traffic and attract potential clients. But there’s an important aspect of blogging that is often overlooked – and that’s consistency.
Benefits of Frequent Real Estate Blogging
If you publish one or two blog posts and wait for the leads to come pouring in, you will probably be disappointed. But if you publish new content on a regular and consistent basis, you could enjoy tremendous long-term benefits in terms of traffic, client acquisition, and business growth.
In other words, it’s a marathon and not a sprint.
But it’s a marathon worth pursuing. A serious blogging campaign can deliver tremendous benefits, in terms of business exposure, visibility and growth. So let’s take a closer look at the benefits of consistent, regular real estate blogging.
1. Increased website traffic
When you publish high-quality blog content on a regular basis, you can increase your website traffic in several ways.
First of all, you are giving people more ways to find you through search engines and other sources. Each blog post you publish could cover a specific keyword topic or subject area. Each one serves as a kind of pathway to your website. The more posts you publish, the more paths people have to find your site.
Related article: 9 ways to increase your traffic
2. Improved search engine rankings
Search engines tend to prioritize real estate websites and blogs that are updated frequently. By publishing new content on a regular basis, you are encouraging the search engine crawlers to come back to your site often, which can expedite their discovery of new material.
When it comes to search engine algorithms (the computerized models used to evaluate and rank websites), a frequently updated site is more useful than a static one. So if you create a content-rich website and publish new material on a regular basis, you could be rewarded with higher rankings.
3. Generating leads and converting prospects
Real estate blogging on a regular basis can also help you generate leads — and convert those leads into actual clients. There are several reasons for this.
For one thing, informative and educational content can help you build trust and credibility with prospects. It shows that you’re well informed and aware of local market conditions.
A content-rich real estate website will also keep people on your site longer, since they have plenty of useful information to digest. All of these things can increase the chance for lead generation.
4. Establishing authority and thought leadership
Real estate is a knowledge-based business. You’re not selling a product. You are selling your skill, expertise and knowledge. Home buyers and sellers want to work with a knowledgeable real estate agent who can help them navigate the market. Consistent and frequent real estate blogging can help you demonstrate your knowledge and establish your expertise.
5. Providing value to clients and prospects
Providing educational content through a real estate blog adds value to your site. Sure, most people visit real estate websites for the property listings. But they also want to understand what’s going on in the real estate market, and how that affects them as a buyer or seller.
By publishing quality blog content on a regular basis, you’re providing value to current and prospective clients. You’re also turning your website into an educational resource, which can help you take your brand and business to the next level.
6. Differentiating yourself from competitors
In a typical U.S. city, there can be hundreds or even thousands of real estate agents. How does a home buyer or seller choose from all of those agents?
Many people seek recommendations from friends, coworkers and family members. But there’s also a significant number of people who go online to find help. And this is another area where blogging can help you distinguish yourself. By publishing real estate blog content on a frequent and consistent schedule, you can stand out in a crowded field.
7. Repurposing content for other marketing channels
Real estate blog content can also be repurposed for other uses. If you publish new blog posts frequently, you will end up with a large amount of useful material. You can give this content a “second life” by funneling it into other marketing channels.
For instance, you could break up a lengthy blog post and use it for social media posts. You could send it out through an email newsletter. There is no limit to what you can do with it.
The point is, you are generating useful content that can be used for other purposes, to help you attract new clients. But it all starts with regular and consistent real estate blogging.
8. Increasing your knowledge of local market conditions
Last, but certainly not least, blogging on a regular basis can increase your knowledge of local real estate market conditions. This in turn can make you a more successful agent.
If you want to create informative and useful blog posts, you’ll have to spend a lot of time researching the local market. This is something you should be doing anyway, for professional reasons. But managing a real estate blog encourages you to conduct this kind of research on a regular, ongoing basis.
Pro Tips: How to Blog More Efficiently
Frequent, consistent real estate blogging is not for everyone. Some agents are simply too busy to sit down and write a lengthy blog post every few days. But if you’re reading this article right now, you’ve probably already decided that blogging should be part of your marketing strategy.
So let me offer some tips on how to do it more efficiently. These tips come from 17 years of personal experience. They will help you create high-quality real estate blog content on a regular basis, without wasting time along the way.
- Create a content calendar to plan and organize blog topics and publishing dates in advance.
- Research and compile a list of relevant resources, statistics, and industry news to use in future blog posts.
- Write in batches by drafting multiple blog posts at once, which can help increase efficiency and save time in the long run.
- Consider using dictation software to simplify the process. These programs allow you to speak directly into your computer using a microphone, while converting your words into text. I personally use Dragon dictate for this purpose, and it’s a huge timesaver!
- Repurpose existing content to create new blog posts or to share on social media. (More on that here.)
- Use templates or outlines to streamline the writing process and help ensure consistent formatting and structure across all blog posts.
- Set realistic and achievable goals for your blogging strategy, such as publishing a certain number of posts per month.
- Use tools like Grammarly or Hemingway to check for grammatical errors or spelling mistakes, and to improve readability.
- Outsource certain tasks like editing or graphic design to professionals, if necessary, to free up time and ensure high-quality content.
- Use analytical tools like Google Analytics to track performance and make data-driven decisions about future blog content.
- And try to have fun with it. Real estate blogging is a marketing task, and it does require quite a bit of time and effort. But it can also be a creative outlet. If you enjoy it, you’ll be much more likely to stick with it over the long term. So find a way to inject some fun into the process!
Have you downloaded my e-book? This article is only the beginning. If you really want to take your real estate blogging campaign to the next level, be sure to download my e-book. It offers 70 pages of tips and strategies I’ve learned through 17 years of experience!